1. Is the company fully insured?
For your protection, you want a company that is fully insured. Request a copy of their insurance certificate.
2. What grade of cedar pickets does the company use?
#1 or #2 grade cedar pickets or better, (no prior select), are top quality with a better appearance.
3. What type of lumber is used for the framework and baseboards?
Pressure treated pine that is no less than #2 grade should be used for all portions that come in contact with the ground.
4. What type of nails does the company use on the pickets?
Aluminum ring or screw shanked nails will not rust (creating streaking) and helps to prevent pickets from backing out.
5. What type of support do the gates have?
Galvanized steel frames prevent the gate from sagging over time.
6. How far apart should the posts be set?
7′ centers provides solid support.
7. Does the company warranty their work?
A one (1) year warranty allows time for any problems that might arise to be corrected.
8. What happens if an emergency arises?
Having all crews equipped with radios enables the company to have immediate contact with their employees.
9. How do I find out if the company is reputable?
Being a member of the Better Business Bureau and fence associations allows you to check into the company.
10. Does the company provide a list of references in your area?
This enables you to drive by and see the quality of work and speak to neighbors that have used the company previously.